Uh oh! Peer is trying to sneak out of the mountain – can you help him get out before the trolls find him?
In this fun digital or printable music escape room activity on Edvard Grieg’s In the Hall of the Mountain King, students will work individually, in teams, or as a class to answer music-related questions. Can you escape the room in time?
This escape room can be used in three ways!
- Students search the Google Slides “rooms” for clues, which lead them to the puzzles (a little more technology-involved; takes longer to complete);
- Students progress through a Google Form in order to solve the puzzles (less technology-involved; takes a little less time to complete);
- Physically, using hints hidden around a real-life room.
No additional purchases are necessary to use this product! Don’t worry about buying UV lights, glow-in-the-dark markers, or other oddities – all of the clues can be easily disguised within a typical classroom, whether it be a music room or whether you are on a cart.
By using the self-checking Google Form to submit answers, you can easily record the exact time at which each group finishes. If you don’t want to use the Google Form, students can also write down their answers and check them with you.
Students should be familiar with the following concepts:
- tempo (accelerando, allegro andante, largo, lento, presto)
- dynamics (piano, forte, fortissimo, crescendo)
- major vs minor sound
- composer’s name & home country