Looking for a way to teach or review beat vs. rhythm, form, and quarter notes/eighth notes/quarter rest? Want to introduce your students to a staple of the Western canon? This mini-lesson activity set does it all! Students love the enchanting celeste theme from the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
This lesson will have students clapping, tapping, dancing, chanting, and even writing. The worksheets can double as assessments as well.
This set includes…
- Topics include beat, rhythm, and form
- ANIMATED visuals to help students discern beat vs rhythm
- Ta, ti-ti, and ta rest (quarter note, paired eighth notes, and quarter rest)
- Vocal exploration
- Tchaikovsky mini-biography
- Form snowflakes
- Character cards (with and without mini bios)
- Listening Maps
- Tchaikovsky mini-biography fill-in-the-blanks
- Rhythm assessment (both easier and more challenging versions)
All printables come in color and B&W, printer-friendly versions.