Naughty Kitty Cat can be used for a myriad of concepts: teach or reinforce ta rest/quarter rest, la, melodic contour, and even broken borduns using this fun and catchy song! You can easily scaffold up or down based on students’ age and skill level; students as young as 1st grade will enjoy this silly song while learning about rests, while students as old as 3rd grade can practice playing borduns and even melodies on barred instruments.
This product includes two sets of slides, 50 slides each, with two variations on the lyrics: one with “you are very fat” and one with “would you look at that?”
- differentiate beat from rhythm
- identify ta rest (quarter rest)
- identify the rhythms in the song
- write the rhythms in the song (WS & answer key included)
- perform a broken bordun
- perform the melody on barred instruments
- read Naughty Kitty Cat on the treble clef staff
All notation is offered in both stick notation and Western standard notation.